The following business terms are applicable to all the contracts, which you conclude with us as a supplier via this website. Unless otherwise agreed upon, the inclusion, if necessary, of your own conditions is ruled out.
A consumer in the sense of the following regulations is every natural person who concludes a legal transaction which, to an overwhelming extent, cannot be attributed to either his commercial or independent professional activities.
The term businessman refers to every natural person, legal person or legally responsible partnership that concludes a legal transaction in pursuance of his/its independent professional or commercial activity.
Conclusion of the contract
- The subject-matter of the contract is the selling of products.
- Our product presentations on the Internet are non-binding and do not represent a binding offer for the conclusion of a contract.
- You can use the online shopping cart system to place a binding offer of purchase. Here, the goods meant for purchase are stored in the Shopping Cart. You can use the respective button in the navigation bar to call up the Shopping Cart and make changes at any time. After the Check-Out page has been called up and the respective personal data and payment and shipping conditions have been entered, all the order data is displayed again on the order overview page. Before the order is sent, you can re-check all the data, change it or cancel the purchase transaction. When the order is placed using the Purchase button, you are considered to have made a binding offer to us.
- The acceptance of the offer takes place immediately after placing the order via a textual confirmation, in which you receive confirmation regarding the execution of the order or the delivery of the products in question. If you have not received any corresponding message within this deadline, you are no longer considered to be bound to your order. Under such circumstances, any services that have already been provided are restored without undue delay.
- You are not bound by your enquiries regarding the creation of an offer that have been conveyed to us. We supply you with a textual and binding offer, which you can accept within a period of 5 days.
- The execution of the order and the sending of all the details necessitated by the conclusion of the contract take place via e-mail, in a partially-automated manner. Consequently, you have to ensure that the e-mail address that you have deposited with us is the correct one, and that the receipt of the respective e-mails is guaranteed. In particular, you have to ensure that the respective e-mails are not blocked by a SPAM filter.
Right of retention, reservation of proprietary rights
- You can only exercise a right of retention if the situation in question involves claims arising from the same contractual relationship.
- The goods remain our property until the purchase price is paid in full.
- If you are a businessman, the following conditions also apply:
- We retain ownership of the goods until all the claims arising from the ongoing business relationship have been settled in full. The goods subject to retention of title may not be pledged or transferred by way of security before ownership of the said goods changes hands.
- You can re-sell the goods within the framework of an orderly transaction. In this regard, you hereby cede all the claims amounting to the magnitude of the billing amount that accrue to you as a result of the re-selling operation to us, and we accept the cession. Furthermore, you are authorised to collect the claim in question. However, insofar as you do not discharge your payment obligations in an orderly fashion, we reserve the right to collect the claim ourselves.
- In a situation involving the combination and amalgamation of the goods subject to retention of title, we acquire co-ownership of the newly-formed item. This co-ownership corresponds to the ratio that exists between the invoice value of the goods subject to retention of title and the other processed items at the time of processing.
- If you make a request of this nature, we shall be obligated to release the securities that are due to us, to the extent that the realisable value of our securities exceeds the claim to be secured by more than 10%. We are responsible for selecting the securities to be released.
- The legal regulations apply.
- If you are a businessman, the following shall apply:
- It is understood that the details provided by us and the product description provided by the manufacturer are the only things that represent the properties and condition of the product in question. Other advertisements, blurbs and statements issued by the manufacturer are not considered to be representative of the properties and condition of the said product.
- You are obligated to exercise due diligence while promptly checking the goods for qualitative and quantitative deviations, and to inform us in writing of apparent defects within a period of 7 days after receipt of the goods. The term limit shall be considered to have been complied with if a timely dispatch was executed. This also applies to hidden defects that are detected at a later stage (from the time of discovery onwards). Warranty claims cannot be raised if the obligation to inspect and the obligation to give notice of defects are not fulfilled.
- In case of defects, we honour the warranty in a manner of our choosing, i.e. either by rectifying the defects or delivering a replacement. If the defect rectification procedure fails twice, you can either demand a reduction or withdraw from the contract. In case of rectification of defects, we do not have to bear the increased costs that arise as a result of moving the product in question to a location other than the place of delivery, provided that the movement does not correspond to the intended use of the product.
- The warranty period amounts to a period of one year after delivery of the product. The shortened warranty period does not apply in situations involving culpably caused damages that can be attributed to us and which are associated with loss of life, injuries or health-related damages. Furthermore, it does not apply in situations involving damages suffered as a result of gross negligence or malicious intent, or in situations involving deceit.
- We assume full liability for damages associated with loss of life, injuries or health-related damages.
- We also assume full liability in all situations involving malice and gross negligence, situations involving fraudulent concealment of a defect, situations involving the take-over of the guarantee associated with the properties and condition of the object of purchase, situations involving damages corresponding to the product liability law and all other legally-regulated situations.
- If the situation in question relates to important contractual obligations and involves minor negligence, our liability is limited to the foreseeable damages that are typical for the contract. The term Important Contractual Obligations refers to important obligations that follow from the nature of the contract and whose violation would jeopardise the fulfilment of the purpose of the contract. It also covers obligations that the contents of the contract impose on us in order to facilitate the fulfilment of the purpose of the contract and whose fulfilment makes it possible for the contract to be executed in an orderly manner, and compliance with which may regularly be taken for granted by you.
- When it comes to the violation of inessential contractual obligations, no liability shall be assumed if the situation in question involves violations of obligations associated with light negligence.
- The current state of the respective technology makes it impossible to guarantee that data transmission operations that use the internet will take place in an error-free manner characterised by permanent availability. In this respect, we cannot vouch for the constant and uninterrupted availability of the website and the service offered on the website.
Choice of law, place of fulfilment, jurisdiction
- Clients in Switzerland and Liechtenstein:
- For Clients in Switzerland and Liechtenstein Swiss law shall apply. The present terms and conditions and contracts, concluded on basis of present terms and conditions, underlie Swiss Law under exclusion of the United Nations Convention on Contracts for the International Sale of Goods (CISG). Place of jurisdiction is Basel.
- Clients in Germany and the European Community:
- For Clients in Germany and the European Community German law shall apply. This choice of law only applies to customers if it does not result in the revocation of the protection guaranteed by the mandatory provisions of the law of the country in which the respective customer’s usual place of residence is located (benefit-of-the-doubt principle).
- If you are not a consumer, but a businessman, a legal entity under public law or an institutional fund governed by public law, our place of business is the place of jurisdiction as well as the place of fulfilment for all services that follow from the business relationships that exist with us. The same condition applies to situations in which you are not associated with a general place of jurisdiction in Germany or the EU, as well as situations in which the place of residence or the usual place of residence is not known at the time of commencement of proceedings. This has no bearing on the capacity to call upon the court associated with another place of jurisdiction.
- The provisions of the UN Convention on Contracts for the International Sale of Goods are explicitly inapplicable.
Information regarding the conclusion of the contract
The technical steps associated with the conclusion of the contract, the contract conclusion itself and the correction options are executed in accordance with our standard business terms.
Contractual language, saving the text of the contract
- Contract language shall be English.
- The complete text of the contract is not saved with us. Before the order is sent, via the online – shopping cart system the contract data can be printed out or electronically saved using the browser’s print function. After the order is received by us, the order data, the legally-mandated details related to distance selling contracts and the standard business terms are re-sent to you via e-mail.
- When it comes to enquiries that lie outside the context of the online shopping cart system, you receive all the contract data lying within the framework of a binding offer in an e-mail, which you can print out or save electronically.
Main features of the product or service
The main features of the product and/or service can be found in the product description and the supplementary details appearing on our website. We try to reproduces colors of products as good as possible. We indicate, that deviations of colors and shades are possible. Minor deviations of colors and shades mostly happen due to color settings on screens and do not represent defects. Wooden products can differ from images on our website due to different grains and colors. Wood is a natural product and can include minor mistakes, holes, limbs and for this material typical variations.
These appearances shell be seen as characteristic trait and additional value of a natural and unique product and do not count as defect, as long as functionality is not affected. Therefore all our products are checked on functionality and stability. In addition we indicate that all our wooden products are hand made and therefore can show minor irregularities in size, thickness and quality.
Prices and payment arrangements
- The prices mentioned in the respective offers represent total prices, as do the shipping costs. They include all the price components, including all the incidental taxes.
- The dispatch costs that are incurred are not included in the purchase price. They can be called up via the relevant button on our website or in the relevant item description, are separately specified during the ordering process and must be borne by you separately, unless a free delivery has been agreed upon.
- The payment methods that are available to you are specified under a correspondingly-named button on our website, or in the respective product description.
- Unless otherwise specified for the respective payment methods, the payment claims arising from the contract that has been concluded become payable immediately.
- The delivery conditions, the delivery date and any potential delivery restrictions can be found under a correspondingly-named button on our website, or in the respective product description.
- If you are a consumer, the following is statutorily regulated:
- The risk of the sold item accidentally being destroyed or degraded during shipping only passes over to you when the item in question is delivered, regardless of whether or not the shipping operation is insured. This condition does not apply if you have independently commissioned a transport company that has not been specified by us or a person who has otherwise been appointed to execute the shipping operation.
- If you are a businessman, the delivery and shipping operations take place at your own risk.
Law associated with liability for defects in goods
The liability for defects associated with our goods is geared towards the Warranty provision in our standard business terms. As a user, you are requested to promptly check the product for completeness, visible defects and transport damage as soon as it is delivered, and promptly disclose your complaints to us and the shipping company in writing.
Even if you do not comply with this request, it shall have no effect on your legal warranty claims.